Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday

what day is today? a day for laughter, a day for loving, a day for worship.

as the season conforms to aging leaves and cool winds, and the aroma of autumn dances all around, the Lord uses this in my life to bring me back to a centre of contemplation, of solace. He uses this time of the year in so many ways in my life, as it has become my favourite of the seasons to show me His love and His work in my heart. I am reminded time and again of how big my God is and how wonderful and vast his power and love for me and His work in my being.

as i begin to focus in on what he has for me, His plans to use me on this campus and in my church, i begin to search for a passion and a direction in which He would lead. this semester, He has given me a cry in my heart, and that is people. He has convicted me of my terrible lack of a heart ministry, a ministry of faith in my life towards those who i see all around me every day, lost or not. i need to bring back that passion, that faith work in my life to be an encouragement and a help, to point others to the Sure Rock, my Jesus. may i be faithful to this calling and not slip into comfort, instead of working out my salvation with fear and trembling, and showing others what a difference Christ makes!

may i not settle for mediocrity. what day is today? a day to serve.

No comments: