Thursday, April 14, 2016

Quiet Motherhood

I was kind of having a pity party for myself this afternoon as I was lying next to this little guy trying to convince him that his sick little body needed to go to sleep. I wasn't doing anything spectacular or exciting in the great big world out there; I was just lying there in my toddler's bed, waiting for his heavy breathing to signal slumber. And then I found myself thinking about the passage in 1 Corinthians 12 about each part of the body of Christ. If we all were the same part, we would be one ugly, weird body. It's the job God gave ME to lie there, in the middle of the afternoon, staring out the window, just holding my son in my arms as he drifted off to get some much-needed rest. Invisible though it may be, it is yet important. We can't all be an eye or a mouth. Some of us need to be toes or livers, doing the menial but vital tasks, all a part of raising the next generation of warriors.
"Children are not a distraction from more important work; they are the most important work." Dr. John Trainer

No comments: